Frequently Asked Questions
- What is DelugeRPG?
- DelugeRPG is an online game where you can catch pokemon, trade them and even battle them against other players.
- What are the basics I need to know to play the game?
- When you log in for the first time, you can go through a simple intro to help you understand the game. Once you're done, you can choose your starter pokemon. To catch more Pokemon, simply move around on one of the maps until one appears. You can battle this Pokemon and try to capture it. If you capture it, it will be added to your team and you can use it to battle your friends and catch more Pokemon! You can also go through the intro when you sign up.
Back to Top
- I evolved my [pokemon] and now its not in my pokedex!
- Only the pokemon you currently have in your account are shown in the pokedex. So, say you want to have all the three stages of Squirtle in your pokedex, you will have to obtain 3 squirtles and then evolve two of them to Wartortle and Blastoise. This is different from the video games since all pokemon are available on DelugeRPG and they are pretty easy to catch.
- What are the differences between Normal, Shiny, Dark, Shadow, Ghostly, Metallic and Mirage Pokemon?
- Dark pokemon have 25% more attack power.
- Shiny pokemon have 25% more HP.
- Ghostly pokemon can scare the opponent. (this is similar to flinching)
- Metallic pokemon are immune to status ailments (e.g sleep,burn,freeze, poison etc.)
- Shadow pokemon disable the ability of Metallics and Ghostlys. (i.e, Ghostlys cannot make Shadow pokemon flinch. Shadow pokemon can cause status ailments to Metallics pokemon).
- Chrome pokemon get 35% more HP. And 50% higher chances of a critical hit.
- Normal pokemon do not have any special ability.
The ability of Mirage pokemon changes depending on the opponent's type. 20% more attack against Dark. 35% more attack against Chrome. Gains 20% HP against Shiny. Copies the ability of Ghostly and Metallic pokemon when fighting against them. On facing Shadow pokemon, it transfers all its ailments to the opponent (if your pokemon is poisoned, it heals itself and poisons the opponent). Mirage pokemon lose 10% health against normal pokemon.
Here is their order from the most common to the rarest:
(Most common) Normal -> Metallic,Ghostly,Shadow,Dark -> Shiny,Mirage -> Chrome (Rarest)
(The ones grouped together have the same rarity)
- Why do Mirage Pokemon have a weakness?
- This was added with the Live Battle in mind. It tries to create a kind of rock-paper-scissor effect, where no one type is the best. What matters is how and when you use them.
- Whats +Atk, +Def and +Spe?
- Pokemon with +Atk and +Def will have better attack or defense respectively in battles. This will also stack up with any type boosts they may have. +Spe pokes will attack before any non +Spe pokemon in battle.
- How do I catch legendary Pokemon?
- Once you beat the gyms and elite four of a particular region, you can find legends of that region randomly appearing on all maps. Beat all gyms,elite four and dojos to unlock all legendaries. Do note that legends are pretty rare when compared to normal pokemon, so they will not appear all the time.
Legendary pokemon tend to have slightly higher attack and defense in battle.
Not sure which pokemon is a legendary? Check the legends page on our wiki
Back to Top
- What are unique pokemon?
- This is the number of different pokemon you have. For example, two shiny totodiles will count as one unique pokemon, whereas, one shiny cyndaquil and one ghostly cyndaquil are two unique pokemon.
- What is the rarest pokemon?
- There is no one particular pokemon that is the rarest. Legendary pokemon and special pokemon (metallic,dark etc) are generally rarer than normal pokemon. So, shiny lugia is as rare as a shiny kyogre, but rarer than a normal lugia or a ghostly abra.
- How much is [pokemon name] worth?
- If you're trading, the values are decided by the two parties involved in the trade. Don't let others tell you theres a set value for every pokemon.
- Where is [pokemon name] found?
- All Pokemon appear randomly on the maps. However, some Pokemon only appear on certain tiles. e.g water pokemon will appear in the water.
You can check the Pokedex to check where a particular pokemon is commonly found.
- How do you switch pokemon in your team with a Pokemon in your Pokemon box?
- Move your mouse to the "Pokemon" box and a drop box will show, then click on the "Change Team" option. Once there you can change your team by dragging a Pokemon from your Pokemon box from below, to your team.
Back to Top
- How do I get on the Top Trainers list or the Top Collectors list?
- It takes a lot of time and patience to get to the top. You need to have a lot of high level Pokemon with a lot of experience, and many, many battles won to get to the top 50 trainers. To get to the top collectors though, simply get as many unique (different) Pokemon as you can.
- What is the Daily Raffle?
- The Daily Raffle is a reward for logging in once a day. Users that login more often get better rewards. The rewards include items, pokemon, in-game coins and a few special events like encountering legends or special pokemon more often or more money and exp from gyms, all for a limited time.
Daily Raffle on our wiki
- What is Inverse Battle?
- During an Inverse Battle, type matchups are reversed. Any type that would be resistant or immune to another type is now weak to that type instead; also, any type that would be weak to another type is now resistant to that type instead. See Bulbapedia for more info.
Back to Top
- How do I add/remove Friends?
- You can go to their profile via Profile → Search Users → Enter the username. When the profile appears, Click on 'Add to Friends' or 'Remove from Friends' whichever may apply.
You will also find a list of friends under Profile → Friends and Ignores.
- Why are some attacks so expensive?
- Attacks that are not normally learnt by your pokemon or do not share a type with your pokemon are much more expensive. If you want an attack that is unusual for your Pokemon, it would cost more to teach them that attack that it would if the attack was native to it.
- What do the points mean?
- The points are calculated from your total experience, average experience, unique pokemon and total battles won. They are the same points displayed on the top trainers list and are meant to show your relative progress.
Back to Top
- My points went down!! What happened?
- Like mentioned above, points are calculated from your total experience, average experience, unique pokemon and total battles won. Catching a lvl 5 pokemon would decrease your average experience. But if you didn't already have that particular pokemon, your unique count would have gone up. So your points may go up or down depending on the changes that happen to these factors.
Back to Top
- How do I get more in-game money?
- The simplest way to obtain more in-game money is by battling. Gym battles tend to pay higher. Also, you might be able to make more money if you receive 2xGYM or 4XGYM reward in the Daily Raffle. You can also sell any spare items at the pokemart for 25% of its value.
- What should I not do? (Game Rules)
* Each of the above can result in a permanent ban.
- Trying to automate anything in the game using scripts or tools
- Trying to bypass any features that have limits per account (daily raffle/events/quick trades) by creating many accounts
- Trading or selling your DelugeRPG accounts/pokemon for actual money or items/accounts from another game
- Swearing, threatening, blackmailing or posting hateful messages to other users - in-game, on the forums, chat, our social media pages
- Trying to steal other people's accounts/pokemon
(Also see the question below)
Do not share accounts. You are responsible for all consequences that come with such arrangements.
Back to Top
- I forgot my password! What can I do?
- If you provided your email, you can go to the login page and click on Forgot Password. It is not possible to recover an account if you never set an email on it.
- What does 'Login with Google/Yahoo/Facebook' mean?
- It allows you to automatically log into your DelugeRPG account without a password (You should still use a strong password and remember it) as long as you are logged into Google/Yahoo/Facebook and have allowed our Application.
Back to Top
- How do I delete my account?
- Accounts cannot be deleted by yourself. You may simply stop logging in and the account will eventually be deleted. (We do not store any personal data. If you have set an email, you may set it to an empty one)